The History of the Men's
Garden Club of Villa Park
Garden Club of
celebrating 83 years
Now known as the Garden Club of Villa Park
The Club celebrated its 75th
Anniversary in 2011, having been
founded in 1936. The pictures below were taken at
the October Awards Night
and Celebration. Member Al Dekker set up a
presentation of memorabilia for viewing.
There are also pictures of the 1952 and 1960 Annual
Show which featured thousands of entries.
There are also pictures from 1999 when
the “hoophouse” was erected.
As a rememberance, each current member received “An Historical View,”
a trowel with the original logo, and a coin
commemorating the occasion.
on any picture to enlarge)
Installation of the Hoophouse
1952 Annual Fall Show
1960 Annual Fall Show - It is
interesting that the
1960 pictures were turned into postcards.
Garden Club of Villa Park 2001-2019.